Sunday, August 02, 2009

160 Yards and Counting

This dirty fleece business is getting a bit monotonous. I don't mind the cleaning of it. Really, its not that bad. The carding of it is kind of boring, but again, not that bad. The thing is, I thought that when I had done these steps there would be a pay off. I'd have something really great to spin. That this fiber would be delicious and I would love spinning it. Not. No matter what technique I use, I have loads of neps. The fiber feels very matted (even though I have taken great care in the cleaning process). In any case, I have decided to go with the bulky single. I now have 160 yards of the stuff. What will I do with this? Right now, I'm thinking mittens. But I'm open to suggestions. I might even try overdying it, just to see what happens.















And, in knitting news, I haven't finished anything - and my goal to finish the stormwater shawl before August rolls in, is now completely out the window. I have, however, cast on and have knit nearly half of this stole. (Pattern found here ). It is such a fun, fast knit. I have dreams of knitting hundreds of these, and giving them away to ladies that have important birthdays. (Yeah, I was just invited to a 70th birthday of this awesome lady and I really wish that I had something like this finished and ready to go - next time, I'll be prepared). It knit in the Noro Kuryeon sock yarn. Which I think is much nicer in a stole than in a sock.















And, my tulips have finally bloomed. When my mom was here visiting she kept insisting they were going to bloom anyday. But I knew better. Here we are 2 maybe 3 weeks since they've left and they are now just blooming. Sorry mom, I was right, you were wrong.

No comments: