Now, I've taken over Aimee's empty room. Everything is now in there. My two wheels, drumcarder, loom, skein winder, niddy noddys, sewing machine, yarn stash, fabric stash. I could go on and on. Some day, I'll post photos of my lovely craft room. I'm very happy with it. It is so nice to have everything in one place.
I usually set some goals for myself in the new year. Fiber goals that is. Personal goals, I won't go into here. Though maybe I should. It might make me more accountable. Well, in 2011, I would like to
- knit, crochet more from my every growing library. I have been so fortunate to have a family that gets my fiber addiction. Every occasion usually means I get some new books and magazines. I love that. They are a great source of inspiration. But, I seldom knit from them. I want to knit more from my knitting library.
- knit using my handspun. I think I mention this quite a bit. I love spinning, but find it incredibly difficult to find projects 'worthy' of the handspun. I have to break this mentality somehow. 2011 will be the year to do it.
- knit a sweater for my mother. I have had a fleece artist kit in my stash for some time now. I love the pattern and the yarn. I just have to do it. Christmas 2011 - I hope to have a sweater for mom.
- knit more for Kev. Poor Kev. I never make him anything. This has to change. He is such a great supportive partner in everything I do. And he spends a lot of time outside. He needs to be warm too.
- start making and spinning batts. I love to spin batts. I have a drum carder. There is no reason why I should be buying batts. I could make them easily. I need to do this more.
hobbledehoy's batts just before the holidays. I just love the way it spins up into a thick and thin single. You can't see the sparklies in this, but there is just enough shimmer in here. I think I'd like to weave this. I've been so, so happy with weaving lately. Its unbelievable how fast weaving goes. Here is a simple scarf that I wove for Heather B. Simple yarn, but with the slow colour changes, its very effective.