Sunday, June 26, 2011

Pink Cardi gone to waste?

Here is the cute little pink cardigan that I just finished. I think it is perfect in so many ways. The shade of dusty pink, the nice contrasting chocolate brown, the sweet little peter pan collar (why is it called that?) and I even managed to find the perfect little buttons in my huge button stash, and its knit in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK which is also superwash. The pattern was also designed by Debbie Bliss, queen of the baby knits.


But......sadly, this cardigan will not be worn. Nat had another boy! Now don't get me wrong, I'm super happy about that, as he was born healthy and Nat had a quick, relatively stress free delivery. But alas, he is a boy and his dad will not permit him to wear this cardigan.

The good news is, Nat said, I'm not giving you back that cardigan (like I would take it back?) I'm still planning another pregnancy. Joy of joys!!! Hopefully the cardigan won't be out of style by then. But I don't think so. Its a classic design. The pattern was originally published in Vogue Knitting 2007, four years ago. I wanted to knit it ever since I first saw it. There is a boy version too, but I still think that even knit in a masculine colour, this little cardigan is totally feminine.

No comments: