Saturday, September 17, 2011

Random Saturday

I was thinking of having regular blog segments. Things like

* Favorite Thing Friday (where I'd write about something I really, really like or I'm really into at the moment, something like Meghan of 'Stitch it' podcast fame

* Spinning Wednesday (where I'd talk about fiber and what I'm spinning or maybe why I like one wheel, or one spindle)

* Yarnie Thursday (where I'd feature a new yarn I've tried and do a review of it)

I think this is a great idea and would likely get me blogging on a more regular basis, I just can't seem to get my s@#t together and do it. So, here is my favorite thing Friday - except its Saturday.

My favorite thing this week is homemade yogurt. All the ladies that I work with make it. I didn't think it was worth the trouble, though I was intrigued with the idea. Then last weekend, Kevin came down with a severe dental infection and was on IV antibiotics. I was so scared of c. diff infection. (I personally know someone with resistant c. diff and I really didn't want that for Kev) I became obsessed with feeding him yogurt and lots of it. But I think he was getting bored with it. This coincided with Courtney bringing me some of her handmade yogurt to try. Oh my!!! It was so delicious. I tried it right away.

Here is the recipe that I used. Super easy and great results! Next time I will leave it for longer than their recommended 7 hours. Courtney and Charlotte and Mehrnaz all leave theirs for 24 hours to get a thicker yogurt. But first I have to eat the litre that I made. Not too hard when it looks like this.

No comments: