Sunday, January 11, 2015

2015

It's 2015. It's hard to believe how fast the past year went. In retrospect it was a great year - crafting and otherwise. We seemed to travel a lot in 2014. We bought a motorhome! Kevin had some health issues but thankfully all is well now. And I guess the biggest news is that he is retired. 

People keep asking me when I will retire. I'm a good 10 years younger than Kevin and I'm not quite there yet. I love my job still. I enjoy going to work every day.  I guess when it stops being fun, I'll stop doing it.

I've included some photos of the handknits that I made for Christmas gifts this year. 

First up is this hat that Max is wearing. He's wearing it incorrectly. He has the seam in the front. By the way, this is my daughter's boyfriend Max - not my grandson Max. I don't have a time machine. 

It's a Woolly Wormhead pattern. She has the best hat patterns. This hat is for Lucy of course.

These socks I made for my nephew Jordan. The yarn is called perfect turtle toes. The hand dyer is from New Brunswick. She dyes wonderful self striping yarn. And she winds them into two perfectly matching little cakes so that your socks will turn out perfectly.  This color is called dream room.

And this color is called Gatineau fall. It's based off of a famous painting. I did look the painting up but I can't remember the artist but indeed those colors are prevalent. These are for big Max as he's been known around these parts lately.  Some of you may notice that this is his second pair of socks that I've knit. 
He is such a wonderful recipient that I do feel inclined to knit him more pairs. Amy tells me he wears his first pair all the time - even to bed. One time he left them here on a visit and I had to mail them back to Gatineau. Amy said he was so happy to get them in the mail that he hugged them to his chest and said "my socks, my socks." Now I ask you how is a knitter to refuse someone who really appreciates socks like that? Not me.


No comments: