Friday, January 19, 2018

Felting and other adventures


A while back I ran into my boss and his wife out shopping. She was wearing a gorgeous felt hat. I told her that I liked her hat. She told me how much she loved it and that she wished she had thought to buy more in different colours. I told her that I could make a very similar hat and asked what colour she would like. 

I’ve worked for this man and his family for over 20 years now and no one has ever asked me to knit anything. I was happy to make something for his wife (it helps that she’s a total sweetheart and really appreciates hand knitting). 

I finished the knitting. The hat was huge but thankfully it felted down to the correct size. I’m always pleased and surprised when I get such great results using my front loading washer. But looking at the plain grey hat, I realized that it needed something. Needles felting was the answer! 




I’m very happy with the final result!! My bosses wife was thrilled. And now I’m debating making one for myself   

No comments: