Saturday, December 09, 2006

Scary Scarf finished! Plus Hat to Match



So I finally finished the Alien Illusion Hat from Stitch and Bitch. I will never be doing this pattern again! Illusion knitting is not for me. Its pretty monotonous, tedious work. I did learn some valuable lessons however! Use stitch markers and post its to mark off the graph pattern! Also knit something that my daughter doesn't like if I want any chance of keeping something for myself!

The hat pattern came from a magazine article my friend Linda gave me. I'm not sure, but I think it might be Good Housekeeping. I like how this turned out but it did take a lot of blocking to get the shape right. The earflaps were a little close in together in the front. Again, Amy has confiscated this too! I guess I'll take it as a compliment.

No comments: