Monday, March 22, 2010

I think I may start a tradition

I was getting kind of bored with my knitting.  Not that the stuff that I'm currently knitting isn't challenging, because it is.  But, its just not ....... fun.  I seem to need a fun project on the go all the time to keep my knitting fresh.  Otherwise knitting sometimes looses its appeal.  Now that statement is  probably a little too strong.  It will never loose its appeal.  Knitting will always be my boyfriend. But I like knitting things that I see progress quickly.  I love self striping yarns.  They always keep me entertained.  You should see my stash.  It is crazy.  And the amount of self striping yarn is ridiculous.  I actually got a Jimmy Beans order today.  The whole point of the order was that Jess and I wanted some Malabrigo worsted to make the Love Bytes mittens.   Since we had to pay about 14$ shipping, I decided to throw in some Noro Kuryeon.  I also wanted to try Mini Mochi.   No pattern in mind - just because.


Sorry, I've kind of gone off on a tangent there.  The title of my post is about traditions.  My daughter's best friend since forever is Lucy.  Lucy loves interesting hats.  In fact, I've made Lucy a mohawk hat, a princess Leiah hat, a Tepes Hat and now this year for her birthday she will be receiving the Dead Fish hat.  I think she'll like it.  Morgan does.  He looks pretty cute with it on too.  Well, he looks pretty cute with it off too, but I'm biased.  Pattern is Dead Fish Hat from Knitty and the yarn is Nashua Handknits Wooly Stripes.  I needle felted on the eyes.  So much easier than sewing.  Great pattern.  I highly recommend it. 

No comments: