Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Changing Strategy

So the Tour de Fleece has ended. My original goal was to spin enough for a sweater from 'A Fine Fleece' called Gaelic Mist. I didn't come close to this. I didn't have enough roving. On the 'Tour de Fleece' blog, the organizer posted about changing strategies mid ride (or spin as the case may be). Well, I'm changing strategies at the end. I'm going to make 'Leisl' - a gorgeous sweater by Ysolda Teague. She offers many different options for this little cardigan. It can be knit cap sleeves, 3/4 sleeves or full length. It can also be a shrug or longer cardi. So my problem is solved. Since I have about 900 yards it would seem I am good. Now I just have to change the colour. I want green! Green Kool Aid is hard to come by here in Goose Bay for some strange reason. I've been adding to my green kool aid stash bit by bit. Whenever someone goes out of town, I ask them to pick me up some green Kool Aid. I hope I like this colour. This would be alot of yarn to waste.


No comments: