Sunday, November 23, 2008

Gift knitting continues

I've finished off 4 things recently. So, I thought I would show them off. They are destined to be gifted to someone this holiday.

This hat is Half Pipe from Debbie Stoller's Son of Stitch and Bitch.

I've had this book since it came out, but this is the first project that I've made from it. There are quite a few really neat patterns here. I always find that when I put a book down for several months and go back to it, there seems to be new patterns there that I didn't see the first time around. I've got so many books in my knitting library now, its beginning to get a little embarrassing. I think I will put off buying any new books until I reexamine all my old ones for new possibilities.

These mittens are the Elegant and Easy Cabled Mitts from Designer One Skein Wonders.



This being the third time that I've made them, its safe to assume that I like this pattern. And I do, but I'm done with it now. I had to force myself to finish these, I had become so bored with this pattern.

And this is Marigold by Marnie Maclean - a free pattern available online from Spindlicity. This is only my second pattern with my handspun. As I've said in an earlier post I'm determined to knit more with my hand spun. I have cowls on the brain, and I want one for me - so a cowl is up next.



And finally, I have the little bugger that caused a knitting fatality. I won't be rushing off to knit with cotton anytime soon, but I do like this little hand towel. I've always liked mitered knitting too. I guess a wool one wouldn't be that effective hey?


No comments: