Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sea and Surf



I love this stitch pattern so much. Its the first time I've worked with my handspun yarn, and I'll admit to not wanting to use it. I can't really put my finger on why I didn't want to use it. Too precious - maybe. Not good enough - perhaps. And of course there not being enough of it to really do anything meaniful with.

This pattern is a freebie, but it first came to my attention in Spin off magazine. There were so many different versions of it, and it required very little yardage. So, I gave it a try and I couldn't be happier with the results. I'm thinking this might be a nice gift form my mom. Initially it was to be mine, all mine. But after seeing the qiviut cowl on Sara Palin, I've been hankering for a cowl. In handspun. My handspun. This, combined with the fact that I gifted some handspun to a coworker and she made a delicious cowl out of it. I cant' stop thinking about it. Like I needed something else in my queue right?

No comments: