I finished a baby sweater.
Its for Kev's niece who is having a little boy this summer. This sweater will be ideal by the time he grows into it this fall. Notice that I neglected to put button holes in. I don't know what I was thinking. For the size of this thing, there were too many pieces. I hate seaming. I'm sure this pattern could have been easily adapted to in the round, but I didn't bother. I guess its not that easy. So now I'm not sure what I'll do for closures on this little thing. Perhaps icord, perhaps snaps. We'll see. I've got a lot of time to decide.
And here is a picture of Kev beating the ice off of our front walk. Yes, that is a snow bank as tall as he is. But the fact remains that the ice can be beaten off now. So, spring is here right?
I also did a little plying of something that was sitting on the bobbin for way too long. So long it almost seemed like the fibres were felted together. Lesson learned I guess. I'll never leave things too long again. I set the twist a little differently this time. Once I had the 100 yards or so Navajo plied, I dunked it in boiling hot water, then emmersed it in cold water. Then I beat the living hell out of it. It seems to have bloomed and opened up more than anything I've ever spun before. It is very soft and squishy. I'll try this method of setting again to see if the same things happen.
I also cast on for another striped Noro scarf. This time in actual Noro Silk Garden instead of SWS. I see why the harlot was so taken with this. I have a sweater that has to be finished by the end of the month, and I can't stop knitting this scarf. I think I even dreamed about it last night.
Tute Tuesday: Bamboo Project Bag
2 days ago