Friday, March 13, 2009

Those socks are done





Finally. I've had enough of them. I started them as a project for Arithmancy class for the House Cup competition on Ravelry. The theme was Labyrinths. Labyrinths are supposed to be contemplative. Whatever. I did contemplated stabbing myself in the eyes with the size 0 needles several times. I also contemplated that no one is sure how the Noro Kuryeon sock yarn will hold up since its a single and knowing my luck they will disintegrate the first time I wear them. I also contemplated that Noro always seems to have one colour in the sequence that I just don't like. ***cough(peach)cough*** I also contemplated the fact that there are as many stitches in a pair of socks as there are in a sweater. I also contemplated the fact that the pattern while gorgeous, is lost with the colour transitions of Noro. And I also contemplated that despite all of the contemplation, I do love them, and will indeed continue to knit socks. That is, if I can find the 8 skeins that have mysteriously disappeared in my house.

Oh, like my new sock blockers? They are this high tech version made of bended coat hangers.

And yes, that is snow outside my living room window - level with it actually. For reference the window is about 4 feet off the ground. Its been a long winter.

No comments: