Sunday, February 07, 2010

Comfy Cardigan


I finished my cardigan. Its from the Knitter's Book of Wool. The yarn is Knitpicks City Tweed, which is a delight to knit. I'm really hoping it will hold up well. I'm not sure I'm over my disappointment in the Knitpicks Swish DK that I knit the Tilted Duster out of a couple of years ago. It pilled like a son of a bitch and I haven't knit a sweater from a knitpicks yarn since. It hasn't turned me off of knitpicks mind you. I still love them - thier prices and service are hard to beat. I do read yarn reviews now, something I didn't really do pre tilted duster days. The City Tweed is a new yarn by knitpicks, so I guess the jury is still out on it.

I bought these buttons at Terry's Tents (a local craft/tenting supply store). Terry told me he just got the buttons in. I love them.

I had debated making buttons from caribou antlers. Kev even brought me back the antlers from his most recent hunt. But I think I'll leave the button making to the experts. These square buttons just suit the cardigan so well.

Overall, I'm happy with the cardigan and I expect it will get plenty of use.

No comments: